Some suggestions for your resume:
- Your resume should be typed or word processed - never submit a handwritten resume.
It should go without saying that your resume must look neat and professional;
consequently, there should be no white-outs, crossing out of words, etc.
- Verify the spelling of all words; if you misspell a word, re-print the resume.
- If you include references, be sure to ask for permission from the people you list.
In many cases, references are not listed but a notation is made that
"References are available upon request."
- At the top of your resume, put your name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
If you live on campus, you should include both campus and home address, with an
indication which address is effective during which times/months.
- Personal information is generally no longer included in resumes, thus avoid mentioning
your health, family status, sex, race, etc.
- When you make lists, you generally list in reverse chronological order, from most recent
- Include a broad heading of EDUCATION, RELEVANT EXPERIENCES, HONORS/ACHIEVEMENTS,
any special technical skills you may possess.
- When you list experiences, use ACTION VERBS - rather than writing "I worked in a
camp" write "supervised 8 youngsters assigned to my cabin for 2 week sessions
with responsibility for total camp experience and safety."